Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Confronting the Lies

When I started going to public school in 8th grade, I thought my life would change drastically. It did, but in the opposite way I thought it would. I started drifting away from God; I didn't realize it at all. However, when I entered high school, I knew I was messing up, but I didn't want to stop because I was making a lot of new friends. I was becoming popular, and I didn't want it to stop. Next thing I knew, I was doing bad things left and right. I went into sophmore year being friends with anyone I talked to cause I was "cool". However, half way through the year, I got to the point were I lied about almost anything just to be cool. But thanks to God, I had two friends confront me about my lying. They came to me and told me they knew I was lying. Then we had a deep conversation and they reminded me who I was: I was God's daughter. That night I recommited my life to Christ and I wrote down all the lies I could remember telling. I went to those people and asked for forgiveness. Suprisingly, I only lost a few friends. People like me still because I am me and I am there for them. That's what matters: being yourself. God taught me that the hard way but I am so happy I learned it.

In Christ,
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment