Monday, August 23, 2010

Five Minutes to Go...

It was a Sunday like any other. Church started at 9:00, and my alarm was set for 7:30 so I could get ready and get to church in time to get a good seat. At least, I thought it was set... 8:50 came around and I was just stepping out of bed in my pj's. First thing that came to mind: "There's no way I'm getting to church today." So I didn't. I simply walked up to the living room, sat down, and watched tv.
Now I'm looking back on that day and wondering why I didn't go to church. God doesn't care how nice you look. His house has no dress code. The dress-nice-for-church attitude is not God's, it's just one that His people have come up with. Now I'm not saying we should never dress up for church or look nice. What I mean is: Don't skip church one day because you're having a bad hair day. God accepts us for who we are. What matters is that we are there to praise Him and learn His Word.

Come as you are,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment